Do I need a voltage adapter for Europe?

But since most modern gadgets are “dual voltage” — meaning they work on both American and European current — these days most travelers don’t need to do anything more than pack a few inexpensive plug adapters. American appliances run on 110 volts, while European appliances are 220 volts.

What is a European power adapter?

It converts 220/240V to 110/120V, allowing you to use your single voltage American appliances safely in Europe. Plus, it comes with a European power cable in addition to three removable adapters for the U.S., the U.K., and Australia, so that you can use it for other trips as well.

Can I use my charger in Europe?

Fortunately, most modern electrical devices like phone chargers and digital camera chargers work on a range of voltages. This means you can simply take your device, with the proper plug adapter, and just plug it in wherever you’re going in Europe.

What does a European adaptor look like?

The Europlug is a flat, two-pole, round-pin domestic AC power plug, rated for voltages up to 250 V and currents up to 2.5 A. It is a compromise design intended to connect low-power Class II appliances safely to the many different forms of round-pin domestic power socket used across Europe.

What adapter do I need to charge my phone in Europe?

Most countries in Europe including France, Denmark, Italy use the Continental European two round pin adapter plug. Going In Style carries a new adapter plug for Europe that has two USB ports for charging your Samsung Galaxy and your tablet at the same time with a USB charging cable.

Is UK and EU voltage the same?

The official voltage for the UK and Ireland (and the rest of Europe) is 230 with most electrical goods operating at around the 220 – 240 volt mark. All of Europe operates on the same 2 round pronged outlets except for the UK and Ireland that operates on its own unique 3 flat rectangle pronged outlets.

Are all plugs in Europe the same?

For example, most of Europe uses C or E/F type plugs, however in the U.K. and Ireland, you will only find type G sockets. In Italy, you might see a type L outlet, and in Switzerland, you might find a type J plug. Make sure to double-check all the plug types before you leave on your trip.