How does a minor get a work permit in PA?

Minors who reside in Pennsylvania and plan to work in Pennsylvania will apply for a work permit from the school district in which they reside, regardless of whether the minor is enrolled in the school district, attends a charter school or non-public/private school, or participates in a home education program.

Where do I get working papers for minors in PA?

local school district
Minors who have official proof of graduation from high school can obtain a work permit from the local school district where the employer is located.

Does a 16 year old need working papers in PA?

Working Papers are available at the public school of the district in which you reside. All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an Employment certificate, known as “Working Papers,” before they may begin to work.

Do you need a physical to get a work permit in PA?

Proof of physical fitness by a physician or certified nurse practitioner (Section D can be completed on the Application for Employment Certificate and Transferable Work Permit). Proof of age for the minor. Proof of age can be any one of the following: birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport.

How many hours a week can a 16 year old work in PA?

For Minors Ages 16 and 17: 8 hours of work per day, 44 per week, 6 days out of the week are permitted. A maximum of 28 hours of work are permitted during a schoolweek, if enrolled in regular day school.

How many hours can a minor work in PA?

Working hour restrictions limit how many hours a minor may work per day, and per week. For Minors Under 16: 8 hours of work per day, 44 hours per week are permitted when school is off. During a school week, 4 hours of work are permitted per school day (up to 8 on a non-school day) and up to 18 hours per week.

Can 16 year olds work night shifts?

Young workers aged 16 to 17 may not ordinarily work: at night between 10pm and 6am. There are exceptions in certain kinds of employment. Go to GOV.UK for further details.