What can be the consequence of violating the Controlled Substances Act?

Violations of the registration provisions generally are not criminal offenses, but certain serious violations may result in criminal prosecutions, fines, and even short prison sentences. Violations of the trafficking provisions are criminal offenses that may result in large fines and lengthy prison sentences.

What did Controlled Substance Act of 1970 do?

The Controlled Substances Act (CSA) – Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 – is the federal U.S. drug policy under which the manufacture, importation, possession, use and distribution of certain narcotics, stimulants, depressants, hallucinogens, anabolic steroids, and other …

What charges can you get for buying controlled substance in Massachusetts?

Massachusetts Drug Possession, Sale, and Trafficking Laws

  • Possession: up to 2 years in jail and/or a $2,000 fine. Subsequent possession: 2.5-5 years in jail and/or a $5,000 fine.
  • Sale: 2-10 years and/or a fine of $1,000-$10,000. Subsequent possession: 5-15 years in jail and/or a fine of $2,500-$25,000.
  • Trafficking.

Which of the following can be a negative consequence of drug use?

Nausea and abdominal pain, which can also lead to changes in appetite and weight loss. Increased strain on the liver, which puts the person at risk of significant liver damage or liver failure. Seizures, stroke, mental confusion and brain damage. Lung disease.

Which government department enforces the Controlled Substances Act?

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is the lead Federal agency in enforcing narcotics and controlled substances laws and regulations.

How long do you go to jail for drug possession in Massachusetts?

Possession (First Time Offense): Imprisonment in a house of correction for up to two years and/or a fine up to $2,000. Possession (Second or Subsequent Offense): Imprisonment in the state prison for up to five years, or a fine up to $5,000 and imprisonment in jail or house of correction for up to two and a half years.